Places 2 Visit

Friday, November 22, 2013

Need An Extra Fridge without Electricity? DIY IDEA



I am at the farmers market every week, and know the importance of keeping fresh produce, well fresh. So I came across this Refrigeration idea that I thought was so cool. Really cool. 
It’s called zeer (Arabic) or the Pot-in-pot refrigerator; it is an evaporation cooling refrigeration device which does not use electricity. Take a smaller pot and put it inside of a larger pot. Fill the space in between them with wet sand, and cover the top with a wet cloth. When the water evaporates, it pulls the heat out with it, making the inside cold. It’s a natural, cheap, easy to use and even portable. So, instead of perishable foods spoiling after only three days, they can last up to three weeks using this technique. 

More Info:

No comments:

Quotes

Show me someone who never makes a mistake and I'll show you someone who never does anything.