Tools and Materials:
10 pieces of 7”x7” raw slate
10 photos printed onto vellum paper (semi transparent paper)
industrial-strength spray glue
clear polyurethane spray
three wood dowels for trim
two dark bamboo rods (3”x6’)
drill with a masonry bit
hot glue gun and glue sticks
1. Cut prints into 5”x5” squares (figure A).
2. Drill a small hole on the top of each piece of slate.
3. Attach photos to the center of the slate squares using spray glue. Press gently to secure.
4. Spray finished piece with clear polyurethane.
5. Use hot glue to frame out each picture with wood dowels.
6. Run the twine through hole and secure with a strong knot (figure B). Leave enough slack to tie to the bamboo.
7. Drill evenly spaced holes in the bamboo rods. Thread the twine through the holes and knot.
8. Secure entire piece to wall studs.