Places 2 Visit

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wood burning or Pyrography My Art Work!



(my first attempt)
I love it!!!!


I've been experimenting with different forms of mediums lately and just purchased my first wood burning tool.
The standard wood burning tool, you can pick up at any hobby store.
I've been a long time admirer of Pyrography or fire writing...this form of art has been around for ages.
The above photos shows my first attempt at wood burning,
I definitely have a long way to go.
There are a few nicks, and holes where I laid the tool too long. 
Not giving up! I love it!
I plan to varnish this and glue a magnet to the back.
A beautiful piece of art work on the fridge!



If you are not familiar with Pyrography here is a link to explains its history..

Below are also links to various artist that have been doing this for years. 

One day I too will be this good. :)










No comments:

Quotes

Show me someone who never makes a mistake and I'll show you someone who never does anything.