Places 2 Visit

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Eclectic Creations Ancient Wood Bowls

(Eclectic Creations Bowls)

Our ancestors would use symbols or pictures to communicate to one another some of these pictures/ symbols could represent entire words and phrases. The earliest form of this type of language, Sumerian, was found in Mesopotamia modern day Iraq.


Throughout history symbols have represented some very important statements and meanings African, Ireland, The American Southwest have many examples of symbols





 Ireland has the symbol Triquetra Latin meaning "three-cornered." It's a holy symbol, and its meanings are many. It varies in its aspects of spirit, nature, oneness, and of the cosmos.




In the Southwest there are prehistoric images pecked onto rock surfaces known as "petroglyphs...







And of course the most recognized

symbols are
hieroglyphs 
found in Egypt.











The first photo is one of my "bowls" that was just finished

a few days ago.
I love the way this bowl has turned out.
The old world charm of the bowl
was exactly what I was looking for.
I burned abstract marking into 
this bowl. 
I like the idea that this bowl could have been found in
some archaeological find.

My bowls are stained with a mixture of stains,
cherry, walnut and pecan. 


They will be available soon, to be displayed in your home, as well
as to hold your keys, knick knacks and other items.

Beauty and Function

My symbols have been taken from different symbols that
I have researched through the library, (my favorite spot), the internet or
other resources of information.

Thanks for stopping by...
Tomingo




(not available my husband purchased this one)





No comments:

Quotes

Show me someone who never makes a mistake and I'll show you someone who never does anything.