Places 2 Visit

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Vegan Dish: Soba Noodles with Swiss Chard Recipe~

   
 Choosing to eat a plant based diet, has given me the opportunity to explore new foods, to discover some interesting recipes and try them out. Even though, most of my dishes are salads, which I love, I also like to experiment with foods I’ve never eaten before. Like Soba.

     What is Soba?  Soba are Japanese thin noodles made of at least 30% buckwheat. Since buckwheat has a tendency not to adhere closely, the noodles also include regular wheat flower. They look very much like spaghetti noodles except they are a light brown in color. They are quite popular in Japan and gaining popularity in many other places. They also form the basis for many traditional Japanese dishes.



If you have a Asian Market near by, you can get Soba Noodles there or order some online.
See links below.



                                                                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~


What you will need...

1 1/2 bundle soba noodles
4 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon sesame oil
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1/2 tablespoon Korean red pepper flakes
Chopped green onions
Cumcumbers
Swiss Chard

Directions

Cook soba according to package instructions. 
Drain water and rinse in cold water until cooled. 
Add the olive oil and sesame oil to the noodles and stir well.
Make sauce by combining the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes. 
Chop up your onions
cucumbers small pieces
and chard as you see fit.
Pour the sauce to the noodles and stir well until the noodles are coated with the sauce evenly.
Serves about 2-3

Enjoy













I am not a chef ; I am a mom exploring. Therefore just as I changed some things here, you can too. 
Thanks for stopping by...

Quotes

Show me someone who never makes a mistake and I'll show you someone who never does anything.