Places 2 Visit

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Raw Vegan Fruit Rolls Recipe~Black Folks Eating Right




Before my dehydrator that I love so much, I use to purchase Fruit Roll-ups and Foot-by-the-foot, which is another, so called fruit treat all to find out that, none of these treats are good for your kids, and they contain, high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup and sugar, and barely any fruit.  

I will admit that the first batch I made, did not turn out at all -
 I forgot to grease the dehydrator sheet, and ended up scraping little flakes of dried up strawberries off the plastic with a knife...  
But in my next batch; I tried adding a banana, and covering the dehydrator sheet with a thin layer of coconut oil – 
EXCELLENT!

  
All you need is some time and some fruit.

Blender
Dehydrator
Fruit of your choosing… raspberries, strawberries or blackberries the list goes on have fun… experiment.
water

My recipe makes 10-12 fruit leather rolls, but it can easily be doubled or quadrupled to fit your needs
What I used:
2 bananas
1 whole container fresh strawberries

Directions:
In your food processor, puree the strawberries and banana into a thick fruity paste, adding water as needed. 
Next, grease your dehydrator sheet with a thin layer of coconut oil and cover with fruit mixture, using a spatula to make sure it's spread evenly.   Dehydrate on 118 degrees for 8 to 12 hours, or overnight - fruit rolls should be pliable, but not sticky.  
Cut into equal strips, and roll into cylinder shapes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are perfect for when you're on the go –
I'd suggest keeping some in the fridge for whenever you need a quick and healthy snack. 


  Thanks for stopping by.





No comments:

Quotes

Show me someone who never makes a mistake and I'll show you someone who never does anything.