Places 2 Visit

Monday, January 28, 2013

Plant Based Diet "Change is Good"...


Change is good.



Since I have been juicing my nails, face and skin have changed.


Most of my day I am working with my hands, therefore, I like my nails to be very short.


For the most part I would cut my nails about twice a month.
In the past 3 weeks I’ve had to clip my nails once a week.  My skin feels better, and looks better: after I’ve applied lotion, I’ve noticed that my skin does not dry out as fast, as it did last year this time. And my menstrual cycle has improved; I usually have some mild to moderate cramping in my lower back or sides and this month.


Nothing.


My oldest daughter also mentioned that her period did the same thing just came on, so far the only discomfort she is having is in her back, but I also know she has not gotten rid of all dairy products in her diet. She occasionally eats cheese.


All of this is validates my belief that many of the elements that we both were experiencing, was due to our diet and our bodies were trying to heal, but we were not providing the proper nutrition to help it heal correctly.


Juicing is not rocket science, kale, spinach, apples any kind, pears the list goes on.


You can’t go wrong with it. Drink as much as you like. You will not get fat.


Listen. DO NOT go and get premade juice or frozen juice of any kind to mix with your fresh fruits and vegetables. It’s not the same. Most of the frozen fruits and fruit juices have High Fructose Corn Syrup or/and Corn Syrup added.


It’s just another name for sugar and its link to many of the diseases today and drink PLENTY of water!




I found a recent article




This is crazy..


Ingredients:


Coloring agents (blue 1, blue 2, yellow 5, and yellow 6)
Found In: Cake, candy, macaroni and cheese, medicines, sport drinks, soda, pet food, and cheese
Why the U.S. Allows It: We eat with our eyes. “Recent studies have shown that when food manufacturers left foods in their natural, often beige-like color instead of coloring them with these chemical agents, individuals thought they tasted bland and ate less, even when the recipe wasn't altered,” Calton says. This may explain why the use of artificial dyesthe most popular being red 40, yellow 5, and yellow 6have increased five-fold since 1955.


Health Hazards: Back in the day, food coloring came from natural sources, such as saffron and turmeric. “Today most artificial colors are made from coal tar, which is also used to seal-coat products to preserve and protect the shine of industrial floors,” Carlton says. “It also appears in head lice shampoos to kill off the small bugs.”



Ingredients: Synthetic hormones (rBGH and rBST)





Found In: Milk and dairy products


Why the U.S. Allows It: Gotta keep moo-ving things along. Dairy farmers inject cows with genetically-engineered cow growth hormones to boost milk production by about 10 percent, according to Calton.


Health Hazards: “Cows treated with these synthetic hormones often become lame, infertile, and suffer from inflamed and infected udders,” Calton says. Humans, who consume these cows byproducts, are in no better shape, she adds: “The milk is supercharged with IGF-1 (insulin growth factor -1), which has been linked to breast, colon, and prostate cancers.”


Ingredient: Arsenic


Why the U.S. Allows It: Big brother FDA permits arsenic in chicken feed to promote growth, improve efficiency in feeding the birds, and boost pigmentation. “The arsenic affects the blood vessels in chickens and turkeys, causing them to appear pinker and, therefore, fresher,” Calton says.


Health Hazards: The European Union has outlawed the use of arsenic since 1999, Calton says, and the Environmental Protection Agency classifies inorganic arsenic as a "human carcinogen." Take matters into your own hands by sticking to organic birds only.
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just tweeted about a plant based diet. I'm a nutritionist so found this interesting. Nice post.

http://forcailini.blogspot.com

Quotes

Show me someone who never makes a mistake and I'll show you someone who never does anything.