Places 2 Visit

Friday, March 1, 2013

My Natural Hair & My Raw Plant Based Diet



I have been keeping record of the changes I have been having, since choosing a plant based lifestyle. I mentioned these changes in a previous  blog called " Change is Good".

However,I am noticing other positive changes as well, mostly my hair. 

About 5 years ago I went natural, meaning I choose not to relax my hair. 
However, my diet still consisted of meat and dairy. And about 11 months ago, I quit smoking  cigarettes cold turkey, but I was not eating correctly.


Up until recently, I've noticed a lot of growth in my hair, and nails, and how smooth my skin is. It’s amazing. 

I plan to document my hair
growth, using my own hair mixture.

I have been experimenting with some herbs, and will also share some natural hair gels recipes, lotions and creams...
 You can make at home.

I am very excited about this new journey.

Another noticeable change in my body is,I don’t feel sick anymore after eating, I don’t feel bloated, like I use to feel after eating a totally cooked meal. 

I often wonder why I had not done this long time ago, gone raw or vegan, but just as quick as the thought enters my mind; I just shake it off and remember, it’s was just a moment in time.
You know better, you do better. 


This seen a version of this salad here.



Prep Time 15-20 mins..




What I used.
1 head of a medium red cabbage sliced into strips
2-3 stalks of celery, sliced
½ red onion, thinly sliced 
2 apples, cut into small pieces
 (I used one red delicious and one  granny green)
1/2 cup of golden raisins
1/2 cup of toasted walnuts
1/4 cup of chopped dill
1/4 cup of lemon juice
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp of  mustard
1 tsp garlic powder
Sea Salt and pepper to taste
2 Servings

I use Red Wine Dressing on my Salad 
SOOO GOOD!!!

Directions
Combine lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, garlic powder, and salt and pepper in a small bowl.  Mix well with clean hands.

In a large bowl combine cabbage, celery, onion, apples, raisins, and dill.  


On low heat 
coat pan with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
roast your nuts.

Top with dressing .


Season then Enjoy!




No comments:

Quotes

Show me someone who never makes a mistake and I'll show you someone who never does anything.