Places 2 Visit

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Yarn Braids My Natural Hair Journey




I put in some Yarn Braids they look like Locks or Dreads. (in the south those two words are interchangable). Anywho, the process took me a day in a half. I started on Monday at 3pm and was done by late Tuesday at 11pm. But I had a short cut by braiding half way down then later going back to complete the braid. 
So far I like them. They are not irritating like synthetic hair nor are they tight or heavy. You must tie a knot at the ends of your hair and burn because they do unravel easily. And  use caution when burning the Acrylic, because it does get hot!!


The Yarn I purchased at Joanne's Fabric for $7.99. 
IF the store you choose does not carry a pound then pick up at least 3 small packages of yarn.

Sectioned Hair

Braiding the hair this was ...
Long and Slow
But...

I love it!











3 comments:

lesapeamusings.blogspot said...

Did you do all this yourself??????
Darn it gurl, Kudos to you, great job.

Luv Lisa xx

Yahti said...

Hi, You did a great job love it! Did you use a reddish yarn? What color was it? I really love it

Lorna's Leaning said...

Lovely post! I nominated you and your blog for the Liebster Award! To find out more about it and how you can nominate others, follow the instructions on my blog where I give you a clear indication as to what to do! Hope you have a nice day and keep up the good work!

Quotes

Show me someone who never makes a mistake and I'll show you someone who never does anything.