Places 2 Visit

Friday, June 11, 2010

My Style...Our Home

Over the past 3 months, I have been researching and blogging and storing information on my computer, oh my poor computer, on what I think will look nice in our new home. I went as far as to take a test on D.I.Y that will show you different samples of home designs, and once you have completed the test it will then 
 adds every thing up and and as a result of  my style it said my preference is Zen...

GO Figure!

I love the minimalistic design of Zen or Asian Design. 
I also am a fan of old world styles, like Italian Moors,Spanish designs. 
I am not sure how thats going to all  work, but with the vast amount of information I have gathered and whats in my head.
I will come up with something!
So I am sharing with you a few samples that I will either make, create or buy. 
Depending on my mood.
Enjoy



I never thought I would be a fan of Sun Burst but its starting to grow on me.

Sunburst with small mirrors.






I have two end tables that I plan on refurbishing, I plan to paint them black and then find a piece similar to this one below to place in the upstairs hallway.


Pictures and Art work
I enjoy art. And when the mood hits me I will pick up a paint brush or pencil and begin create.
Not only will I incorporate my own art in my home, I plan to use my children's art work as accent pieces.



I love the colors in this piece.

Simplistic, yet Bold!


Lighting. 
Is the one thing people neglect when decorating their home. 
I plan to have a nice selection of lighting in my home.
Of course this is just the tip of the iceberg soo much to do....



No comments:

Quotes

Show me someone who never makes a mistake and I'll show you someone who never does anything.