Places 2 Visit

Monday, April 18, 2011

4 Cheese Baked Penne with Salad Recipe



I enjoy cooking and I love to eat. So ever now and again I come across a recipe that I would love to try. And also this year I decided to at least create something
different, or new...i.e. crafts or cooking, or gardening...
So...
I came across FoodNetwork.com website and spotted this recipe Four Cheese Baked Penne
So I thought, HMMM....I like cheese, I like pasta, I can deal with tomato sauce 
( not a fan of tomatoes but love Ketscup go figure!)
So why not give it a try.
Here is what you will need:


Ingredients

  • 1 pound whole-wheat penne
  • 1 1/2 cups small-curd low-fat cottage cheese
  • 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
  • 1 1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
  • 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium crushed tomatoes
  • 1 (8-ounce) can low-sodium tomato sauce
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • Cooking spray
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (3/4 ounces)

  • Click here for more infomation
PREHEAT OVEN 400 Degrees


This was my first time making this, I know I was suppose to follow all steps, but thats not how I roll! 
Side effects to not following step by step...I forgot to add the Parmesan Cheese to my original mixture!
I had to add it on top of the entire Casserole and allowed it to bake on top! 




I used just about all the ingredients listed except for the chili flake, and I did not use low fat anything.
And I use regular pasta Penne not wheat!






First I browned my onions, and garlic with a little olive oil, Sea salt and pepper, and a Season Salt and dash of sugar. Low heat
While that was browning, I mix up the Ricotta, the Cottage Cheese, the Mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan Cheese ( i forgot to use), with Parsley finely chopped. (sat it to the side)
( I really don't know how I forgot the Parmesan Cheese.) 











Then I mixed up my sauces adding the Oregano and dried Rosemary to the sauces on low heat allow all the tomato sauces to blend and marinate the spices.

Now working mothers OUTSIDE the home. 
You may be able to use Prego® Traditional Sauce to cut the time a bit. 
But if this is your first time, make your own sauce;)
 I did this for about 25-30 mins or until its boiling...
 Be careful and not have the "eye" on too high you will get burnt; if that sauce pops up and hits your hand!

((It has happen to me many times.))
Add Penne to Sauce & Cheese Mixture
Mix well.


I used a large glass dish and added more of the cheese mix to the very top
and sparkled some more mozzarella cheese on top WITH the Parmesan Cheese!  (rolls eyes)



BAM!!

Here is my masterpiece!! 
WHAT! (In her best Lil' Jon voice) OKAY!!
5 Star Restaurant MEAL!


I places a little Parsley on the top and made me a nice Salad.
Roman Lettuce
Fresh Spanish Leaves
Mexican Cheese & Tortilla Chips
Honey Mustard Dressing

Sweet Tea on the side!!

I made this meal for lunch but it will go way into supper time and maybe even left overs.
(family of 5) 

Most the ingredients I already had so, I  would estimate the cost was around 15.00-20.00 & if you add meat to your sauce then 6$ more. 


If you decided to make this meal. Blog it and let me know.


Peace

Tomingo







Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Daphne said...

OMG ... this looks so yummy!

Itiel said...

BAM! Looks good.

Unknown said...

Thats looks soooo good

Quotes

Show me someone who never makes a mistake and I'll show you someone who never does anything.